Mechanism of Action
Several possible mechanisms have been proposed:
- Competitive antagonism of catecholamine at peripheral (especially cardiac) adrenergic neuron sites, leading to decreased cardiac output;
- A central effect leading to reduced sympathetic outflow to the periphery; and
- Suppression of renin activity.
- Hypertension, to lower blood pressure. Lowering blood pressure reduces the risk of fatal and non-fatal cardiovascular events, primarily strokes and myocardial infarctions.
- Angina Pectoris.
- Heart Failure - for the treatment of stable, symptomatic (NYHA Class II or III) heart failure of ischemic, hypertensive, or cardiomyopathic origin.
Dr. Reddy's Expertise
Headquartered in Hyderabad, India, Dr. Reddy's Laboratories is one of the leading Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) suppliers globally. Dr. Reddy's API business is a preferred partner to pharma companies across the US, Europe, Brazil, Latin America, Japan, China, Korea, Middle East and other emerging markets.
Dr. Reddy's API business thrives on the deep technical strengths established over the last 30+ years in the development and manufacture of complex APIs such as steroids, peptides, complex long chain molecules and highly potent APIs (HPAPIs / oncology drugs). This expertise is complemented by our prowess in intellectual property and regulatory affairs which helps us consistently meet and exceed regulatory standards. Dr. Reddy's Metoprolol Succinate API is the outcome of the extensive expertise in R&D, IP, and Regulatory.
A key component in helping our customers be first to market is a responsive supply chain. We achieve this by making sure that all our facilities are operating efficiently and to the latest standards of quality, safety, and productivity. A strong interconnect between business and factories allows for a quick reaction to dynamic market changes, so that we can avert shortages and meet sudden surges in demand.
Please fill in the following form and we'll get back to you shortly
Products protected by valid patents are not offered for sale in countries where the sale of such products constitutes patent infringement. Availability may be restricted to certain markets or countries. Please Contact Us for more information on availability and product suitability.
All product information, including that with regard to active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), the indication, and possible mechanism(s) of action, is based on publicly available product label.