Managing the Product Life Cycle: Naproxen API and formulations
Naproxen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) used in treating pain, menstrual cramps, and inflammatory diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and fever.
Naproxen is a non-selective COX inhibitor and appears to exert anti-inflammatory action by reducing the production of inflammatory mediators like prostaglandins.
Naproxen was patented in 1967 and approved for use in the United States in 1976.
Naproxen by Dr. Reddy’s
The manufacturing of Naproxen and Naproxen Sodium has a long tradition at Dr. Reddy’s. We manufacture Naproxen for more than one decade at our cGMP site in Cuernavaca, Mexico. Today we are the 2nd largest manufacturer of Naproxen globally and reliably supply our global pharma customers with APIs and finished formulations.
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient
- Naproxen Base and Naproxen Na
- Manufactured at our dedicated cGMP facility in Cuernavaca, Mexico
- Total capacity > 1500 MT
- Customized particle size
Finished Dosage Form
- Naproxen Na Rx
- Formulated at our cGMP manufacturing site in Hyderabad, India
Addressing the changing market demands in the product life cycles
Naproxen has become one of the focus products of Dr. Reddy’s and our teams are working on constant improvements an capacity expansion to meet the changing market needs. Some of our approaches include.
- Robust supply chain – most of our key starting materials are now backward integrated and we have diversified our raw material sourcing through long term contracts and sourcing efficiencies to facilitate sustainable supplies.
- Capacity expansion – we have been working consistently over last one year to increase our manufacturing capacity by 50%.
- Continuous improvement – during the API life cycle, we regularly improve process efficiency and quality.
- Product life-cycle management – on request we are able to provide new formulations such as Naproxen Na OTC
- Facilitating formulation needs – on request we are able to supply formulators with DC grade granules of Natproxen Na to facilitate faster formulation development and manufacturing.