Mechanism of ActionLansoprazole belongs to a class of antisecretory compounds, the substituted benzimidazoles, that suppress gastric acid secretion by specific inhibition of the (H+, K+)-ATPase enzyme system at the secretory surface of the gastric parietal cell. Because this enzyme system is regarded as the acid (proton) pump within the parietal cell, lansoprazole has been characterized as a gastric acid-pump inhibitor, in that it blocks the final step of acid production. This effect is dose-related and leads to inhibition of both basal and stimulated gastric acid secretion irrespective of the stimulus. Lansoprazole does not exhibit anticholinergic or histamine type-2 antagonist activity.
IndicationPREVACID and PREVACID SoluTab are proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) indicated for the:
1. Treatment of active duodenal ulcer in adults.
2. Eradication of H. pylori to reduce the risk of duodenal ulcer recurrence in adults.
3. Maintenance of healed duodenal ulcers in adults.
4. Treatment of active benign gastric ulcer in adults.
5. Healing of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID)-associated gastric ulcer in adults.
6. Risk reduction of NSAID-associated gastric ulcer in adults.
7. Treatment of symptomatic gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) in adults and pediatric patients 1 year of age and older.
8. Treatment of erosive esophagitis (EE) in adults and pediatric patients 1 year of age and older.
9. Maintenance of healing of EE in adults.
10. Pathological hypersecretory conditions, including Zollinger-Ellison syndrome (ZES) in adults.
Dr. Reddy's Expertise
Headquartered in Hyderabad, India, Dr. Reddy's Laboratories is one of the leading Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) suppliers globally. Dr. Reddy's API business is a preferred partner to pharma companies across the US, Europe, Brazil, Latin America, Japan, China, Korea, Middle East and other emerging markets.
Dr. Reddy's API business thrives on the deep technical strengths established over the last 30+ years in the development and manufacture of complex APIs such as steroids, peptides, complex long chain molecules and highly potent APIs (HPAPIs / oncology drugs). This expertise is complemented by our prowess in intellectual property and regulatory affairs which helps us consistently meet and exceed regulatory standards. Dr. Reddy's Lansoprazole (Form-I) API is the outcome of the extensive expertise in R&D, IP, and Regulatory.
A key component in helping our customers be first to market is a responsive supply chain. We achieve this by making sure that all our facilities are operating efficiently and to the latest standards of quality, safety, and productivity. A strong interconnect between business and factories allows for a quick reaction to dynamic market changes, so that we can avert shortages and meet sudden surges in demand.
Please fill in the following form and we'll get back to you shortly
Products protected by valid patents are not offered for sale in countries where the sale of such products constitutes patent infringement. Availability may be restricted to certain markets or countries. Please Contact Us for more information on availability and product suitability.
All product information, including that with regard to active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), the indication, and possible mechanism(s) of action, is based on publicly available product label.