Pemetrexed Ditromethamine Dihydrate
Mechanism of Action
ALIMTA is a folate analog metabolic inhibitor that disrupts folate-dependent metabolic processes essential for cell replication. In vitro studies show that pemetrexed inhibits thymidylate synthase (TS), dihydrofolate reductase, and glycinamide ribonucleotide formyltransferase (GARFT), which are folate-dependent enzymes involved in the de novo biosynthesis of thymidine and purine nucleotides. Pemetrexed is taken into cells by membrane carriers such as the reduced folate carrier and membrane folate binding protein transport systems. Once in the cell, pemetrexed is converted to polyglutamate forms by the enzyme folylpolyglutamate synthetase. The polyglutamate forms are retained in cells and are inhibitors of TS and GARFT.
ALIMTA® is a folate analog metabolic inhibitor indicated:
- In combination with cisplatin for the initial treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic, non-squamous, non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- In combination with carboplatin and pembrolizumab for the initial treatment of patients with metastatic, non-squamous NSCLC. This indication is approved under accelerated approval based on tumor response rate and progression-free survival. Continued approval for this indication may be contingent upon verification and description of clinical benefit in the confirmatory trials.
- As a single agent for the maintenance treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic, non-squamous NSCLC whose disease has not progressed after four cycles of platinum-based first-line chemotherapy.
- As a single agent for the treatment of patients with recurrent, metastatic non-squamous, NSCLC after prior chemotherapy. (1.1) Limitations of Use: ALIMTA is not indicated for the treatment of patients with squamous cell, non-small cell lung cancer.
- Initial treatment, in combination with cisplatin, of patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma whose disease is unresectable or who are otherwise not candidates for curative surgery.
Dr. Reddy's Expertise
Headquartered in Hyderabad, India, Dr. Reddy's Laboratories is one of the leading Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) suppliers globally. Dr. Reddy's API business is a preferred partner to pharma companies across the US, Europe, Brazil, Latin America, Japan, China, Korea and emerging markets.
Dr. Reddy's API business thrives on the deep technical strengths established over the last 30+ years in the development and manufacture of complex APIs such as steroids, peptides, complex long chain molecules and highly potent APIs (HPAPIs / oncology drugs). This expertise is complemented by our prowess in intellectual property and regulatory affairs which helps us consistently meet and exceed regulatory standards. Dr. Reddy's Pemetrexed Ditromethamine Dihydrate API is the outcome of the extensive expertise in R&D, IP, and Regulatory.
A key component in helping our customers be first to market is a responsive supply chain. We achieve this by making sure that all our facilities are operating efficiently and to the latest standards of quality, safety, and productivity. A strong interconnect between business and factories allows for a quick reaction to dynamic market changes, so that we can avert shortages and meet sudden surges in demand.
Please fill in the following form and we'll get back to you shortly
Products protected by valid patents are not offered for sale in countries where the sale of such products constitutes patent infringement. Availability may be restricted to certain markets or countries. Please Contact Us for more information on availability and product suitability.
All product information, including that with regard to active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), the indication, and possible mechanism(s) of action, is based on publicly available product label.